Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website LOOK GOOD, SMELL GOOD, FEEL GOOD

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

LOOK GOOD, SMELL GOOD, FEEL GOOD

 TWW Meets a Beauty and Body Care Influencer

Hello, tribe. It’s another Friday and it means another weekend is here. We bring you another chat with a young business owner, and of course, you should be set to have a good time. We’ve talked with the owners of Sunrise Bakery and CEEBN Enterprises, and today, it’s a unique interview, or better still, a Jaynique interview. 

Our guest is a young and experienced figure in the beauty and body care business in the city of Jos, with an ever-growing clientele. Today's interview is just an introduction, we'll look forward to bringing her over for more chats. Let’s head over and read, no further story is necessary.

TWW: Good day, howbeit a cold one. May we meet you?

JE: I'm Nancy Nwachukwu, a geologist by profession and business woman by passion. I'm honoured to be the face behind Jaynique Enterprise.

TWW: Could you tell us a bit about your business?

JE: Jaynique Enterprise is an SME that seeks to maintain pride and further build confidence of her clients through providing excellent personal care products. We've been in business since 2013 but officially registered with CAC and launched in 2018.

Our products include perfumes and scented products (perfume oils, deodorants, body spray, body mists, scented candles, gift sets, humidifiers, diffusers, air fresheners, potpourri etc.), watches and jewellery, Oriflame products, underwear and nighties/lounge wears.

Our services include relevant referrals and business coaching.

TWW: Awesome, so do you have target customers you specifically market to, or are you open to everyone?

JE: We're open to everyone in need of our services and products.

TWW: What drove you into the business? How did you get here?

JE:  My journey into the business world began some eleven years ago when I was still in secondary school and for the first time needed to come up with creative ideas to raise funds for a corporative I headed at the time. It turned out pretty great I must say, I learnt  a couple of skills and subsequently, seeing how good I was in exchanging ideas and products for money, here I am today - a whole lot better and still improving.

To indulge you further, my life's ambition has always been to be successful... a successful, proud woman. I've always been quite open minded (a "never say never" kinda person, as long as it glorifies God and doesn't kill me) so be it by being a doctor, engineer, architect, etc (oh yeah, geologist as well), I just have that one end result in mind. Growing up, how to get there was a gigantic puzzle (and still feels like one till date, but I'm getting a hang of it.... I hope) but moving forward that thrill for business stuck and I'm glad I was able to see myself as a business woman at an early age and more grateful that the knack for business has grown into something more productive and defined.

TWW: What’s your motivation? Is this something you love doing or you wouldn’t mind leaving it if you maybe find something more lucrative?

JE: Oh, this is certainly what I love doing. I wouldn't mind being in the corporate world and experiencing the thrill of it as well (oh well, you caught me there... I'd definitely love getting paid well for doing a great job), but Jaynique Enterprise is certainly here to stay, and by God's grace, me showing up and your patronage, we certainly will stay! My motivation is being relevant... helping others achieve physical wellness and beauty, and being able to supply the best products.

TWW: With your experience in the business, how has the journey been, looking back on where you started and where you are now?

JE: The journey has been bittersweet. Doing business is one thing... and doing business in Nigeria is another ballgame! I mean, an average business person in some other working economy would have challenges... how much more dealing with those challenges coupled with the insecurity, high inflation and everything wrong in Nigeria. I remember during the last crises in Jos, I felt that was the end of me and it really was scary. But nevertheless, I'm here!  I definitely have experienced growth as well, I cannot lie about that. I am grateful for the strength from God and support from men. I definitely choose to count my blessings.

TWW: You have decent stock, and this beats a whole lot of other young people in this line of business, how have you managed to do this?

JE: I'm flattered. Umm, not to sound theoretical, but it really is focus and diligence. The Bible says "Seest thou a man diligent in his business, he shall stand before kings; He shall not stand before mean men." And it’s also important to keep investing in yourself as a business owner. As your goals increases and the dream gets bigger, the investment just never ends.

TWW: As a business that deals directly with customers, how do you maintain a great relationship with your customers and still keep your business thriving, especially with the kind of competition in the business?

JE: This is one of the easiest parts for me and it’s just this - "Remain valuable, relevant and honest." (Jaynique Enterprise, 2022)

TWW: Wow, that’s a worthy quote. Now, talking about funding, how has it been raising funds for the business?

JE: Ghen ghen... one of the parts that gives every business owner sleepless nights. For me, in addition to making increased sales in order to make some more profit and have some more capital, I've had to do other jobs- work for people, get paid and pump it into my business. You have to have some money to make more money, yeah? Now and then, I've also had to take minimal calculated loans from trusted sources and make sure I pay back on time, so I remain credit worthy... in case need be in the future. Be it a customer or an investor, your money has to be safe with us. That has always been my number one principle.

TWW: Okay, now let’s talk revenue; with the continuing recession in the country, how affected has your business been? Have your customers fared well enough to continue their usual orders or have things changed, and how has this affected the business?

JE: it's been tough. The consistent devaluation of the naira is worrisome as we keep getting lesser quantities of products while spending even more money. In my small life, I've seen a product's price shoot up from 100 to 450 and it's crazy! Of course, as it affects us the suppliers, it also affects the consumers and while this has affected customer's orders, it has also endeared us to them as they trust that we always maintain a balance and not over inflate prices as we see some other businesses do. We thank God for his provision... Nigerians are die-hards, we always find ways to make ends meet and get what we want, but this doesn't mean the government should keep taking us on this inflation frenzy... we desperately need stability and rest.

TWW: We always talk about the upcoming elections for next year. Are you prepared and what expectations do you have?

JE: This is a big question but I'd try to be as straightforward and short as possible. 2023 elections would be a major determining factor to the course of the nation.  I must apologise (in advance) but at this point, everyone needs to take a stand and be truthful to himself/herself. It’s no secret that the current government has done more harm than good and that we're alive till this point is nothing short of God's grace. It's a blatant lie that this coming election has nothing to do with religion especially. As for me and my household, we're tired of the suffering, insecurity, religious, political and tribal injustice and gross mismanagement of government. We would vote the most competent candidate who is balanced religiously, appears competent, has a good history of leadership and really has something to offer (that's Peter Obi of Labour party) and pray that it goes well.

TWW: As we conclude, any word for your customers, present and potential customers?

JE: To my potential customers, you've stayed away for too long. Come and experience the best customer service and products. You don't need to keep stressing yourself with other brands... we're your last bus-stop. I'd be super glad to serve your needs be it- perfumes and scented products, jewellery, lounge wears and underwear, house decors and so on.

And to my present clients, y’all are my MVPs as there'd be no Jaynique Enterprise without you! Thank you for trusting the brand, trusting that your money is safe with us, trusting that our products are the best and for returning back to shop some more. As Jaynique Enterprise has never disappointed you, we wouldn't start anytime soon. Thank you so much!

TWW: Anything you would like to say to your colleagues, and fellow entrepreneurs?

JE: My fellow entrepreneurs, it’s not easy. Doing business in Nigeria as it is really not easy, but it is definitely worth it. I see this as a skill building period and a time to grow so that when Nigeria gets better or if you're opportune to be a business owner in another country, you'd be unstoppable! It certainly gets better with consistency, diligence and honesty. It's totally okay to take a break as need be, just never give up. You're in business because you have something to offer, don't deprive the world of that good thing.

TWW: Can our audience connect with your brand on social media?

JE: Yes please, by all means. I actually look forward to having you.

TWW: If yes, what platforms and what handles?

JE: Our biggest platform, I would say for now, is WhatsApp. You can connect with us and view our online catalogue by sending a message to 07063968139. We're also on Instagram as jaynique_enterprise and on Facebook also as Jaynique Enterprise.

TWW: Thank you for having us.

JE: Oh please, thank you for having me! I must add that TWW has me hooked. Your contents are amazing and Kudos to your consistency. I'm honoured to be here.

Post a Comment

2 Comments